Tenants Guide & Fees
Tenants Guide and Fees payable
Studio/1 Bedroom properties: £300* (inc VAT)
2 Bedroom properties: £400* (inc VAT)
3+ Bedroom properties: £500* (inc VAT)
All administration changes cover referencing procedures, registering of deposit, admin for Tenancy Agreements and all other paper work.
Fees are non-refundable unless in the event, referencing checks come back unsuccessful, Shaw and co will deduct £25 (inc VAT) per person for the checks and refund the remaining payment back.
These costs only apply to adults over the age of 18. And all administration charges are to be paid before the tenancy commencement day along with the first rental payment and the dilapidations deposit and will need to be paid in cleared funds on or before the day of moving in.
Other costs, which may apply:
- A check out fee will be charged by the inventory company once your tenancy ends. If applicable, our lettings team will make you aware of any payments prior to move in.
- If the tenancy is renewed, we will make a charge of £50.00 including vat to cover our administration.
The Letting Process:
Once viewed a property and arrived at a decision to make an application to rent you will be required to:
- Pay a non-refundable holding deposit of a min of £300 (inc VAT, this amount will be deducted from the account upon move in)
- Provide a copy of either your Passport or Driving Licence
- Complete a Reference Form in the office with the letting agent.
We can only agree to a tenancy subject to satisfactory replies from those referees.
Shaw & Co will use a professional referencing company to carry out the References. This will check for credit scoring, any CCJs and accounts held along with previous address. Our company will also check if you have are known to agency for any previous registered rent arrears or evections, anywhere in the country.
It may be that the referencing company or our Landlord, ask for a Guarantor to be provided and in this event we will need your chosen Guarantor to complete a further reference form at an additional referencing cost.
Deposits and Rent
Given satisfactory references you will be offered the tenancy of the property subject only to the terms of the Tenancy Agreement.
- If rents/deposits etc, are payable by cheque we must have at least seven Banking days for clearance of that cheque
- Rent is always paid calendar monthly in advance, the first payment being made by Bank Transfer, Bank/Building Society cheque or cash. Subsequent payments are by Standing Order. If the payment of rent is late for any reason, interest may be payable.
- The deposit required acts as security for the performance of your obligations as a tenant under the tenancy agreement. This deposit will be returned to you at the end of the tenancy terms without interest, and subject to dilapidations or any deductions that may be necessary to compensate the landlord for any breach of the tenancy agreement. Please see our Tenancy Agreement for complete details of how the Tenancy Deposit will be dealt with at the end of the Term.
- Shaw & Co are members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and DPS schemes. Please see our Tenancy Agreement for details.
We strongly advise the Landlord and Tenant that a satisfactory inventory is prepared. It is recommended that a professional inventory is compiled in order to ascertain any damages at the end of the Tenancy and to avoid any doubt regarding the return of the deposit.
The inventory will then form the basis of assessment of the property's condition, including inventory items at the end of the tenancy term. Fair wear and tear will obviously be taken into consideration.
If the inventory is carried out professionally an extra cost will be met by both Landlord and Tenant to have this compiled. The Landlord will pay for the compilation of the inventory and the Tenants will pay the check out. All fees for inventories are available in office, please ask a member of staff.
Each tenant is jointly and severally responsible for the whole rent so that they are equally liable for the non-payment of rent by one of their co-tenants should they fail to pay.
Please note: Shaw & Co, take no responsibility should the tenancy start date be delayed for any reason caused by the landlord, current tenant or yourselves. Should the reference checks or return of papers delay the start date then you hereby agree that the tenancy shall still commence at the date agreed but you will not be permitted to occupy the property until the satisfactory paperwork is completed.
*fees for administration can change at any time without notice. Unless already paid.
Shaw & Co Estate Agents are a member of the Property Ombudsman and the Client Money Protection Service.